Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Indulge Magazine Fort Worth May 2011 Issue Springtime Flower Pot Cake

So Leah's Sweet Treats will be featured in the May Issue of Indulge Magazine among some other foodies (and then hopefully republished later in the Star Telegram) and I just dropped off this awesome cake to the Star Telegrams offices to be photographed for the issue! I'm not sure how much will actually be published about Leah's Sweet Treats or if they are taking a variety of pictures and which will be chosen, but let's hope this cake makes it to print! They requested a "Springtime" theme since it is the May issue so I decided to go with a flower pot theme with tons of bright flowers and "springy" colors. I have to admit I am really in love with this cake and this is kind of "me in a nutshell" when it comes to cake artistry. This is the kind of project I loooove to do, and having no restraints is always a plus! In honor of my awesome friend Jackie "Jackleen" Collins I had to put some cute little pink lady bugs crawling around.
It is a real cake- the flower pot is confetti with buttercream filling and the bottom tier is chocolate chocolate chip also with buttercream filling. The cakes are covered with fondant and all the leaves/flowers/ladybugs are also made out of fondant.
Happy Spring!! (This weather rocks!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment