Friday, July 15, 2011

Navy Cake

This cake was made for Bob, whose granddaughter Brigette is in the navy in Seattle. She runs the nuclear reactors that power the ship, U S S John C Stennis. It is a nuclear aircraft carrier, with a crew of 5,000. Brigette will be deploying to the far east for 8 months.
The cake is an 8" old fashioned sour cream cake with buttercream filling and frosting, covered in fondant. I have to give a major shoutout to my brother, Brian, who is home visiting for a while-- and boy did I put him to work-- he painted the aircraft carrier for me!! Oh did I mention, he's a veterinarian!??!? I know, I know- I wish he would just ditch that crappy career path and join me in my cake ventures!! The aircraft carrier was painted on gumpaste with food coloring.
Thank you to Brigette and everyone else serving in our military!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment