Friday, September 30, 2011

Armadillo Cake

Now this cake was definitely a little out of my comfort zone! For one- I don't get a lot of requests to do animals/3-d sculpted, and two- armadillos scare the ever loving buttercream out of me!! But this Birthday Cake was for my neighbor, who I now know goes by "The Diller Killer" and all he wanted for his birthday was an armadillo cake. His wife requested the bullet holes- so that will be a nice little surprise for him.
The grass portion is a 10" square red velvet with cream cheese filling, covered in green buttercream, and the armadillo himself is also red velvet- yes think "Steel Magnolias". He is covered in ivory fondant, which I texturized, airbrushed, and luster dusted. He has little fondant ears, feet and tail, and face. How can he look so cute and cuddly- whilst dead, and covered in bullet holes??? That takes talent people :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment