Saturday, September 3, 2011

Circus Birthday Cake and Smash Cake

One of my new favorite cakes ever! Taylor contacted me about doing a Circus Themed cake for her daughter Jaiden's first birthday and I was super excited! I sent her a bunch of "inspiration" pics and we went from there. She was totally open to letting me just go with it, and we decided to add in some girly colors to the otherwise typical primary color palette of a circus theme. I am thrilled with the outcome and think the cake is awesome! The big cake is a 10" white cake with buttercream filling, 8" chocolate chip cake with buttercream, 6" red velvet with buttercream, and 4" white with buttercream on top. The entire cake is covered in fondant with lots of fun fondant details! The smash cake is a 6" white cake, with a corresponding vintage-y circus name plate, fondant polka dots and a purple one on top. 


Click on Image to Enlarge!

1 comment:

  1. Leah sorry things were so hectic Saturday! We absolutey LOVED the cake!! It was perfect! Everyone was in love with it and in aw! I hope to order from you again!! :) Thank you for all of your hardwork! You were right the buttercream is YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete